Saturday, April 25, 2009

Howdy Y'all

So I was realizing as we approached Lysie's fifth birthday that at this point both of our kids are really more Texan's than California's. As a kid always claimed I was a New Yorker because that's where I was born but I spend most of my life until I left to go to college in California. In all honesty, I think I just wanted to be different somehow and being a New Yorker made me different from everyone else around me. Since then I've moved around a bit but I've come to realize that as much as I wanted to be different and as far as I ran away from California I am in fact a Californian and so is Mike and it's just kind of weird realizing that our kids aren't. Does this means our kids will have a Texas accent, will they say thing like "howdy, y'all, fixings, and mam". I know they'll certainly be into country music and cowboy wear. Check out the photo below.

No comments:

Post a Comment